[LibreQoS] how are you doing on ipv4 address supply?

Robert Chacón robert.chacon at jackrabbitwireless.com
Wed Oct 26 15:15:33 EDT 2022

We use MPLS (VPLS tunnels back to core) with L2 isolation and DHCP snooping
everywhere.
It decapsulates at our core so we don't need MPLS parsing for LibreQoS in
our case.
It works well and minimizes the number of RFC6598 CG-NAT clients behind
public addresses.
I'd prefer simple routing, but with IPv4 exhaustion - that would lead to a
lot of unused RFC6598 addresses (and hence high CG-NAT ratios).
Many clients on one CG-NAT address leads to a lot of problems with services
like Amazon Prime.
I'm hopeful we can switch to VXLAN as Dan suggested. It could be a great
alternative to VPLS/MPLS.

Robert Chacón
CEO | JackRabbit Wireless LLC <http://jackrabbitwireless.com>