[LibreQoS] how are you doing on ipv4 address supply?

Herbert Wolverson herberticus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:32:39 EDT 2022

The main reason I was asking about MPLS is that it looks pretty easy to
extract the data, and I've seen a bunch of people on the WISP Talk FB group
complaining about having to de-encapsulate before they pass things through
Preseem. Where I could see that being most useful is if you have a shaper
at a tower (rather than just the one), and want to shape your backhaul
directly. I'll keep it on the "things to play with" list. :-)

We ran MPLS/VPLS for a while; we were pretty surprised when our network
sped up a lot when it was removed! (Routers got really good at routing, and
it's often faster than parsing a label these days). It also made it easier
for the other techs to diagnose faults, MPLS never seemed to "click" for
them.