[LibreQoS] solar powered internet

Mark Steckel mjs at phillywisper.net
Thu Apr 13 19:28:37 EDT 2023

I don't follow WispTalk so can't speak to those discussions. And agree, the Ubnt stuff sort of does the job, but it's under powered for what we do.

We have yet to build a solar powered site, and in Philly it is probably unlikely we ever will. However, all of our high-sites use a DC power plant.

The attached photos are from a small site, and the others are (almost certainly overbuilt*) for what is a large site that I expect will grow over time.  (We've also switched to LiFePo4 batteries of AGM lead acid.)

* I've found upgrading network gear is much easier than power systems... and have been hampered when we have outgrown our power system at a couple of sites in the past. And granted, a good portion of the over built system in 3 of the photos is a by product of load sharing and redundancy.

---- On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 19:02:25 -0400 Herbert Wolverson via LibreQoS libreqos at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote ---