[LibreQoS] network.json and ShapedDevices.csv for Multi-Wan SOHO

Mike Loiterman mike at ascendency.net
Mon Mar 20 22:03:41 EDT 2023

Hello, all.

Really new to LibreQoS, but so far it’s been working really, really well with my pfSense setup.

I’d like some input on how best to setup my network.json and ShapedDevices.csv given the following parameters:

1. I have three very asymmetric WANs that connect to my pfSense Edge router/firewall:
	a. WAN_1 - 1200/35
	b. WAN_2 - 25/2
	c. WAN_3 - 50/4
2. pfSense connects to my Layer 3 Aruba 2920 switch via a single 10gig transit link so:
	a. pfSense: 172.16.0.1/30
	b. 2920: 172.16.0.2/30
3. LibreQoS sits between the pfSense and the 2920 with 10gig layer2 bridge between 172.16.0.1 and 172.16.0.2 setup on an intel X710.
4. Behind pfSense I have the following VLAN layout:
	a. VLAN_1 @ 192.168.1.0/24 via WAN_1
	b. VLAN_2 @ 192.168.2.0/24 via WAN_1
	c. VLAN_3 @ 192.168.3.0/24 via WAN_2
	d. VLAN_4 @ 192.168.4.0/24 via WAN_3

So, given these parameters, can anyone provide some general tips on how to structure the two files?

Mike Loiterman
Cell: 630-302-4944
Email: mike at ascendency.net