[Make-wifi-fast] Fwd: [Cerowrt-devel] [Ow-tech] Open secure wireless

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:35:04 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ranganathan Krishnan <rk at selwastor.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Cerowrt-devel] [Ow-tech] Open secure wireless
To: Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>, Mitar <mmitar at gmail.com>,
Christopher Byrd <chris at riosec.com>
Cc: "cerowrt-devel at lists.bufferbloat.net" <cerowrt-devel at lists.bufferbloat.net>

We have Chris Byrd from Riosec on the ow-tech mailing list. Check
out this thread from him last year :

https://lists.eff.org/pipermail/ow-tech/2014-May/000031.html

I have this feature enabled on the Openwireless APs. What is needed
is a campaign with the Client manufactureres (Google, Cyanogen,
Apple etc) to get them to fix the bugs in their implementation that
cause their clients to abort if no client certificate is installed -- even
though the connection would succeed since the server will never
request the client cert.

If there is interest in sustaining such a campaign with the Client
manufacturers, I will be happy to contribute.

Cheers,
Ranga