[Make-wifi-fast] Testing the LEDE nbd/staging branch

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:14:45 EDT 2016

I noticed a need-more-testing post on the CeroWrt list and finally got 
around to building a nbd/staging+airtime fariness wndr3700v2 image for 
one of my spare units.

I just subscribed to the list and looks like there are some followup 
patches not in my build so I'll have to re-test with the followups next.

One question:  Are these patches "Just Work" or do I need to do some 
tweaking of qdiscs, etc like the sqm or cake stuff needs?  If so what 
are those?

I did some testing this morning and I seem to have an additional problem 
than just the slowdown.

When I run flent my against the ndb/stageing+patches the wifi on my 
laptop pukes after a few seconds and I have to disable/re-enable to get 
it back. Doesn't happen running the same test against a wdnr3800 running 
OpenWrt CC (my main AP).

Here's a snipit of the kernel error.

[301744.796063] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: Microcode SW error detected. 
Restarting 0x82000000.
[301744.796074] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: CSR values:
[301744.796079] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: (2nd byte of CSR_INT_COALESCING is 
[301744.796087] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0:        CSR_HW_IF_CONFIG_REG: 
[301744.796094] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0:          CSR_INT_COALESCING: 
[301744.796101] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0:                     CSR_INT: 
[301744.796108] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0:                CSR_INT_MASK: 
[301744.796115] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0:           CSR_FH_INT_STATUS: 
[301744.796122] iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0:                 CSR_GPIO_IN: 

Richard A. Smith

More information about the Make-wifi-fast mailing list