[Make-wifi-fast] Testing the LEDE nbd/staging branch

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Aug 29 14:42:15 EDT 2016

Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed a need-more-testing post on the CeroWrt list and finally got
> around to building a nbd/staging+airtime fariness wndr3700v2 image for
> one of my spare units.
>
> I just subscribed to the list and looks like there are some followup
> patches not in my build so I'll have to re-test with the followups
> next.
>
> One question: Are these patches "Just Work" or do I need to do some
> tweaking of qdiscs, etc like the sqm or cake stuff needs? If so what
> are those?

They are "just work", but there are some issues that I am currently
trying to work out. If you just run off Felix' staging tree you are
fine, but won't get per-flow FQ to each station.

You can remove package/kernel/mac80211/patches/220-fq_disable_hack.patch
which will get you the per-station FQ, but will break crypto. Should be
fine for testing unencrypted stuff though.

-Toke