[Make-wifi-fast] Testing the LEDE nbd/staging branch

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:22:23 EDT 2016

I have tested toke's wndr3800 build below, and with psk2+ccmp crypto
enabled, using an osx box
to drive the tests, I can get 210Mbit wifi downloads and uploads for
nearly any number of flows. Fairness is nearly perfect. w00t!

Regrettably my laptop is still running the broken code (and toke's got
patches to send), so I can't test the linux wifi on that laptop.

I(or someone with a non-borken laptop running) need to test tkip and
other forms of aes... see table here for how to configure

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless#wpa_modes

One really impressive thing, during a 24 flow download test, was how
good packet aggregation got.

Total packet count::    ideal 7702277      lookaround 4715
Average # of aggregated frames per A-MPDU: 31.8

I have never, driving tests with tcp, seen it get that good (nor have
I tested via an osx box much)

The script that I'm basically using, if you'd like to replicate my
results with your hardware/conditions with various forms of crypto on
(and please compare against off!).

#!/bin/sh

flent -t "psk2-cc-ht40-osx-ether" -H 192.168.1.201 -l 30 rrul
flent -t "psk2-cc-ht40-osx-ether" -H 192.168.1.201 -l 30 rrul_be

for i in 1 2 4 8 12 16 24;
do
flent -t "psk2-cc-ht40-$i-flows-osx-ether" -H 192.168.1.201 -l 30
--test-parameter=upload_streams=$i tcp_nup
flent -t "psk2-cc-ht40-$i-flows-osx-ether" -H 192.168.1.201 -l 30
--test-parameter=download_streams=$i tcp_ndown
done

http://blog.cerowrt.org