[Make-wifi-fast] [ath9k-devel] Diagram of the ath9k TX path

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:22:23 EDT 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is everybody here on board with reducing that by 2 orders of
> magnitude?

Yes!

> I'm not posting all these results and all the flent data
> just to amuse myself... The size of the potential patch set for
> softmac devices has declined considerably - codel.h and the fq code
> are now generalized in some tree or another, and what's left is in two
> competing patches under test... one that leverages rate control stats
> and wins like crazy, the other, dql, and takes longer to win like
> crazy.

I'm really hoping to be able to use this.  Wifi is the last buffer-bloated
part of my home network (the latency differences between wired and wireless
are an order of magnitude apart).

And as for multiple STAs per AP:  That's the norm, these days.  My house
might be a bit extreme, but we have 8 STAs in 5GHz, and one lowly printer
in 2.4GHz (which is too far for 5GHz to get to, and I haven't run a cable
to that end of the house yet as I hate crawlspaces).

-Aaron