[Make-wifi-fast] Point to Point AC with FQ_Codel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:09:53 EDT 2016

Point to point on the ath9k with the existing chaos calmer fq_codel
code works ok. What I did for that ages ago was to limit the amount of
buffering to 12-20 packets in the driver using the (now obsolete in
the code landing) various  qlen_* files, and also disable wmm. At
50Mbits,
I typically see 20-60ms latency on my p2p links which is probably
close to "good enough" for vnc.

But the header of your message had "AC" in it... and at this point, I
think going AC is good, regardless of the state of the drivers - you
should be able to get 260mbits or more, fairly easily out of that, and
so long as you can't saturate it, get pretty low latency, and we do
have fq_codel (if not airtime fairness) patches for the ath10k. The
DSPs are better.

Take a look at the latest ubnt gear. I'm using the indoor uap-lite's a
lot and I like 'em. They take to an openwrt reflash really fast. I
have not as yet found a suitable replacement for the nanostation M5,
but....

http://blog.cerowrt.org