[Make-wifi-fast] How to efficient test ath10k driver changed on LEDE platform?

Louie Lu me at louie.lu
Tue Dec 12 07:28:55 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm using TP-Link C2600 with LEDE to test ath10k driver,
not sure if there have a better way to make the procedure more efficient.

This is my current workflow:

1. Using ath.git to make the changed I want (apply make-wifi-fast path
for example)
2. git-patch to get the patch file
3. Put the patch file into LEDE ./package/kernel/mac80211/patches/
4. Build up LEDE
5. scp ath10k kernel module into C2600 and reboot C2600
6. Check and test with the modified driver

I'm wondering if step 5 can reduce the reboot step, just rmmod and insmod
ath10k driver when it is running to save the reboot time.

Also, sometimes apply patch into LEDE may cause error when compiling
ath10k driver,
is there any way to specify which version of ath10k that LEDE to build?

Thanks,
Louie.