[Make-wifi-fast] ath9k airtime fairness stabiity issues?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:18:18 EST 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Felix Fietkau <nbd at nbd.name> wrote:
> On 2017-01-05 14:22, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Felix:
>>>
>>> Was there a bugreport?  (don't see one)
>>>
>>> Do you have a specific device or behavior triggering this revert?

>> Hi nbd & Toke,
>>
>> Would it be possible to enable it only on platforms like the tp-link
>> archer c7 v2 and the ubnt, where we have confirmed test reports for
>> the upcoming release ?
> I think it's quite unlikely that these issues are hardware specific.
> It's probably more related to the environment, types of clients, or even
> traffic patterns.

OK, well, I filed a bug. Can I encourage your reporters to chime in on
their issues and what hardware they see them on?

https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=368

We have extensive testbeds available, but my big one is 2 hours away
right now (and running a version of lede with this patch from october
or so), and hard to upgrade remotely. Been building up a new one in SF
(warmer) this week, just deployed a bunch of "c.h.i.p"s to stress it
out, but now I have to go check to see which builds of lede I
installed where. I'm pretty sure the UAP-lites are running jan 2...
the wndr is jan 4....

(And here I was dreaming up ways to seriously stress out ipv6
multicast (adding tons of routes to babel,
and/or using "uftp" heavily) (see
https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=253 ))

I'm going to finish getting something up that works and then go blow
up multicast harder, I think, while scratching my head on ATF. At
least I can get some non-atf data on how the chips behave, I guess.

http://blog.cerowrt.org