[Make-wifi-fast] mesh deployment with ath9k driver changes

David Lang david at lang.hm
Wed Apr 25 20:35:13 EDT 2018

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:

>> I wish I could cable everything, but it isn’t physically practical.
>> The next possibility is dual channel APs, or separate backhaul links,
>> all costing something...
>
> Yeah, a separate backhaul on a different channel would cut you
> contention in half, basically. Right now, each transmission has to
> occupy the channel twice...

worse than that, it causes grief on other stations further away that can hear
one station and not the other.

Splitting things so that user access is on 2.4G and relaying between APs is on
5G will help quite a bit. If you can add some directional antennas on 5G, it
will help as well

Even without being able to wire everything, if you have any that you can wire
together it will help