[Make-wifi-fast] mesh deployment with ath9k driver changes

Pete Heist pete at eventide.io
Thu Apr 26 17:41:44 EDT 2018

> On Apr 26, 2018, at 2:38 AM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>
> can you make a map of how well each AP hears every other AP? (iw scan on each device in turn to report the signal strength of the others)

This should update once per day for a while: http://www.drhleny.cz/smokeping/

A textual map is below. I use channels 1, 6 and 11 to segment things. My biggest problem is on channel 1, where I have two repeaters hanging off of one gateway.

First I’ll try to get cabins 12 and 20 on separate gateways / channels, which will be a challenge with the line-of-sight situation and only three non-overlapping channels. If it isn’t enough, I'll see if I can get anything else cabled or backhauled with 5 GHz. Thanks for the ideas!

CH 1:

ServiceEast sees:
- Cabin12 -69
- Cabin20 -62