[Make-wifi-fast] WiFi Aware question

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Sun Feb 4 08:40:39 EST 2018

Am 03.02.2018 um 17:21 schrieb dpreed at deepplum.com:
> [I apologize for sending this with an old subject line and with another conversation attached. It was a dumb and distracting thing to do to these lists. My fault.]
>
> I'm curious about the "WiFi Aware" initiative by the WiFi Alliance.
>
> Does LEDE and/or Linux support this protocol? I know gSupplicant is potentially the way such things are supposed to work, at least according to its supporters.
>
> The general NAN (Neighborhood-Aware-Networking) concept makes a lot of sense at one level, but as an Internet guy, it troubles me that they decided to split from the Internet and go a balkanized direction. To me, the neighborhood is interesting only as part of a larger Internet.
>
> It also troubles me that WiFi Aware is a "certification program" rather than a real standard, and has serious problems with supporting Internet. But there will be devices that  require it.

if i read carefully about wifi-aware i just can say that i hope it will
never be supported by any party. this is is no service. this is a spy
application

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Stubenwaldallee 21a, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565