[Make-wifi-fast] Does Ubiquiti Unifi have bufferbloat and unfair/bloated WiFi scheduling?

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Thu May 23 15:22:29 EDT 2019

I'm running OpenWrt on the Unifi AC Mesh access point; (it has an ath10k
chip). It sits on a pole above my ridgeline and provides service to my
house and yard.

I dunno what the state in the Ubiquity provided firmware is.

OpenWrt has the nice new wifi code in it, which indeed really fixes
bufferbloat.

As I also have an ath9k in my laptop and run Linux, I now even do
(previously insane) things like have my scheduled backups go over WiFi while
teleconferencing, and I'm a happy camper.

Getting OpenWrt installed on it the first time is a bit of a chore; I have
some notes around someplace on what I learned when I did the install.
                                              - Jim