[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] [Cake] New board that looks interesting

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 12:10:06 EDT 2020

Historically I've found the "Celeron" chips rather weak, but it's just
a brand. I haven't the foggiest idea how well this variant will
perform.

The intel ethernet chips are best of breed in linux, however. It's
been my hope that the 211 variant with the timed networking support
would show up in the field (sch_etx) so we could fiddle with that,
(the apu2s aren't using that version) but I cannot for the life of me
remember the right keywords to look it up at the moment. this feature
lets you program when a packet emerges from the driver and is sort of
a whole new ballgame when it comes to scheduling - there hasn't been
an aqm designed for it, and you can do fq by playing tricks with the
sent timestamp.

All the other features look rather nice on this board.