[Make-wifi-fast] Status of the industry on over buffering at the WiFi air interface

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Thu Feb 13 18:49:40 EST 2020

I believe this switching path is all transistors on a very low cost chip
where no sw is involved.  I also think some nighthawks have the ability to
disable honoring the pause frames on a per port basis.

The core of such a problem seems to be a 1Gb/s switch port connected to a
25Mb/s one.  I've noticed when my relatives purchased XFINITY home security
services they significantly increased their uplink speeds all for the
security cameras.  So this may be an issue per the lack of structural
separation.
https://www.communications.gov.au/what-we-do/internet/competition-broadband/telstras-separation-framework

Back to humans getting in the way of ourselves which is all too common.

Bob