[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] the future belongs to pacing

Daniel Sterling sterling.daniel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:14:46 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 10:09 AM Luca Muscariello <muscariello at ieee.org> wrote:
> If BBR can fix that by having a unique model for all these cases that would make deprecation, as intended in the paper,
> likely to happen.

Interesting! Thank you all for helping a layperson like me understand.

Obviously getting CC / latency control "correct" under wifi is a
difficult problem.

I am wondering if you (the experts) have confidence we can solve it --
that is, can end-users eventually see low latency by default with
standard gear?

Or are shared transmission mediums like wifi doomed to require large
buffers for throughput, which means low latency can't be something we
can have "out of the box" -- ? Is sacrificing throughput for latency
required for "always low" latency on wifi?

Thanks,
Dan