[Make-wifi-fast] death to retransmits in mmwave

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 5 22:33:57 EDT 2022

"Our results demonstrate that the communication protocols
can notably take benefit from relaxing the PHY and MAC
layer error control mechanisms, and delegating the task to the
upper layers using the proposed network coding solution. In
fact, the retransmissions that occur due to MAC error control
mechanisms are effectively not needed once the network
coding solution and FEC mechanisms are utilized..."

see: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2205.00793.pdf

I really wish more folk working in this field were aware of how
minstrel works, being that it's only been the linux kernel default for
15 years: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/minstrel/

I'm not saying it's applicable in this case, but combining the two
approaches might be interesting.

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC