[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] [bbr-dev] Aggregating without bloating - hard times for tcp and wifi

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Wed Nov 23 08:50:32 EST 2022

Bob McMahon <bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com> writes:

> Does the TSQ code honor no-aggregation per voice access class or
> TCP_NODELAY where the app making the socket write calls knows that the WiFi
> aggregation isn't likely helpful? Sorry, my Linux stack expertise is quite
> limited.

TSQ only influences the buffering in the TCP layer. The WiFi stack will
still limit aggregation using its own logic (I think it turns it off
entirely for voice?). TCP_NODELAY is also orthogonal to TSQ; TSQ only
kicks in when there's a bunch of data buffered, in which case
TCP_NODELAY has no effect...

-Toke