[Make-wifi-fast] a cheer up tweet for y'all

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue Jan 9 05:56:17 EST 2024

Bob McMahon via Make-wifi-fast <make-wifi-fast at lists.bufferbloat.net>
writes:

> What are you expecting from chip makers?

High-quality open source drivers, upstreamed into the Linux mainline by
the time the hardware ships, would be a good start :)

Vendors seem to manage this for Ethernet NICs just fine, so it can't
really be a technical barrier that is keeping this from happening.

If we're going further down the wish list, "no binary firmware blobs"
would be next as far as I'm concerned. Not holding my breath on that
one, though :/

-Toke