[Make-wifi-fast] a cheer up tweet for y'all

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 06:36:52 EST 2024

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 5:56 AM Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Bob McMahon via Make-wifi-fast <make-wifi-fast at lists.bufferbloat.net>
> writes:
>
> > What are you expecting from chip makers?
>
> High-quality open source drivers, upstreamed into the Linux mainline by
> the time the hardware ships, would be a good start :)
>
> Vendors seem to manage this for Ethernet NICs just fine, so it can't
> really be a technical barrier that is keeping this from happening.
>
> If we're going further down the wish list, "no binary firmware blobs"
> would be next as far as I'm concerned. Not holding my breath on that
> one, though :/

Data Sheets with register layouts
Sending internal developers to Linux technical conference like netdev
and linux plumbers
Participation in interop events (esp for wifi and 5g)
An Open Source programs office
Ponies

--
40 years of net history, a couple songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RGX6QFm5E