[Make-wifi-fast] a cheer up tweet for y'all

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Tue Jan 9 12:42:17 EST 2024

This approach is not going to work. Sun workstations as the forwarding
planes for WiFi doesn't work nor scale and is cost & power inefficient. The
WiFi forwarding plane needs to be all hardware and not based off of BSD. It
has to be like a port asic in an ethernet switch. No SoC.

Ethernet NICs are targeting servers where the workstation/NIC model does
work. WiFi is never going to be the basis for cloud servers.

Bob

--
This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for