[Rpm] actively measuring owd successfully using icmp

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sat Dec 11 08:19:58 EST 2021

Two notes.
1) Technically it is not OWD that is measured, but "OWD + unknown_offset", but since the goal is to evaluate the delta between the current delay and a history delay aggregate, the unknown offset does not matter too much, and as it turns out quite a lot of the tested reflectors are reasonably well synchronized already (to my utter, utter surprise).
2) It appears that ICMPv6 removed the timestamp option, does anybody here have a link to the discussions that lead to this somewhat unfortunate decision?

Best Regards
	Sebastian