[Rpm] actively measuring owd successfully using icmp

Matt Mathis mattmathis at google.com
Sat Dec 11 11:25:35 EST 2021

icmp_timestamp has not been removed, and in Linux it is still present in
the shared icmp code used by both IPv4 and IPv6.

More likely a bug that has never been noticed, because nobody bothered to
test it.  I note that most icmp documentation doesn't even mention it's
existence.

If a kernel bug, most likely a corrupted checksum.  But my bet would be
code outright missing from the library.

Good luck!

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay

We must not tolerate intolerance;
       however our response must be carefully measured:
            too strong would be hypocritical and risks spiraling out of
control;
            too weak risks being mistaken for tacit approval.