[Rpm] [Starlink] LUL 220ms flat over starlink

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 3 05:47:59 EDT 2022

Hi All,

a decent reminder that GeoIP really is at best an imprecise heuristic, at worst actively misleading...

Always wondered whether one could not use some sort of triangulation to different endpoints of known location and use the relative RTT differences to restrict the cone of potential locations.... (that would require active probes from remote sites being reflected from the host to be localised, making it not a solution for GeoIP providers, but it might work for participating endpoints).

Regards
	Sebastian