[Rpm] Vote: Closing the rpm list?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 17:26:44 EDT 2023

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 2:17 PM Christoph Paasch <cpaasch at apple.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > On Apr 14, 2023, at 2:02 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I was not aware until this moment of the existence of the slack
> > channel, poor me!
>
> No worries! I think we announced it a while back here on the list.
>
> > Anyway (all?), should I discontinue this mailing list, in preference
> > for that? I have had had a tendency to cc rpm at lists.bufferbloat.net on
> > more general measurement stuff, but perhaps ippm or slack would be a
> > better home for it now? There are 53 users on this list, but so few
> > postings besides the occasional cc from the bloat list.
>
> Yes, ok to close this mailing-list from my point-of-view.

I will take a vote: Those here that want this list to continue, please
say aye! Vote will close in 1 week.

Or in what direction to move it? There are other measurement lists I
am on also, such as ripe's and the marconi society... I have a long
list of other (sadly unfunded, like wtbb) tools and benchmarks (like
crusader), but what limited discussion of those we have, can largely
all that can move to the bloat list.

To clarify, discussion should be on ippm anyway?

I see nearly no discussion from there. I too have found various chat
channels vastly more productive than email, myself...