[Rpm] receive window bug fix

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 14:20:43 EDT 2023

This is good work!  I love reading their posts on scale like this.

It’s wild to me that the Linux kernel has (apparently) never implemented
shrinking the receive window, or handling the case of userspace starting a
large transfer and then just not ever reading it…  the latter is less
surprising, I guess, because that’s an application bug that you probably
would catch separately, and would be focused on fixing in the application
layer…

-Aaron

On Sat, Jun 3, 2023 at 1:04 AM Dave Taht via Rpm <rpm at lists.bufferbloat.net>
wrote:

> these folk do good work, and I loved the graphs
>

> https://blog.cloudflare.com/unbounded-memory-usage-by-tcp-for-receive-buffers-and-how-we-fixed-it/
>
> --
> Podcast:
> https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7058793910227111937/