[Starlink] [Bloat] Of interest: Comcast AQM Paper

Dick Roy dickroy at alum.mit.edu
Sun Aug 1 17:39:55 EDT 2021

I assume by WiFi what is really meant is devices that have at least one WiFi (layer 1/layer 2) interface. While there are queues in the MAC sublayer, there is really no queue management functionality ... yet ... AFAIK. I know IEEE P802.11bd in conjunction w/ IEEE 1609 is working on implementing a few rudimentary queue mgmt functions.

That said, seems any AQM in such devices would more than likely be in layer 3 and above.

RR