[Starlink] dslreports speedtest

Dave Taht davet at teklibre.net
Tue Jun 29 13:33:27 EDT 2021

> On Jun 28, 2021, at 3:38 PM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
>
> 	my result if someone wants to look at it:
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/68794590

This is using the starlink supplied wifi router?

If that’s the case…

*All* of your bufferbloat moved to the wifi, which under my tests peaked at over 7sec. the 2sec of latency you just experienced on that test breaks every protocol the internet has… several times over.

I am not sure if the needed AQL + fq_codel patches are working on the IPQ8014 in openwrt-rc3 right now. (most of our work shifted until recently into the mt76 based chipsets) [1]

But after we get your cerowrt (ath9k) router back up again, a test at this range ought to be a very interesting real-world comparison. [2] Again, though, we’re testing -rc3 and might well have broke something else somewhere!

[1] https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/59002

[2] 90Mbit results for fq_codel for wifi here:
 http://blog.cerowrt.org/post/real_results/