[Starlink] dslreports speedtest

Dave Taht davet at teklibre.net
Tue Jun 29 13:52:16 EDT 2021

Dear Jared:

if this is a wired result (it doesn’t look like it to me but it won’t be the first time I had confirmation bias!!), well, sigh.

1) Regardless, could you take a packet capture while re-running that dslreports test and put it somewhere we can get at?

The tcp rtt stats are good to look at in wireshark.

I typically just capture via

tcpdump -i myinterface -s 128 -w whatever.cap -n

2) Please don’t use the raspi’s 4’s wifi? It has horrifically bad bufferbloat in the first place, and there have been other reported bugs involving it’s multicast implementation taking down whole networks.

3) what the wifi chip and OS was driving this test? The uplink bufferbloat has some major spikes but if you look at the detailed report that might be misleading.