[Starlink] 69,000 Users

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Jun 30 14:33:24 EDT 2021

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021, Dave Taht wrote:

> I don’t think data caps are needed. fairness is needed.

LTE has pretty good airtime fairness (but FIFO per customer). Still
doesn't work very well when there isn't enough airtime to satisfy demand.

> I would prefer a solution that just billed for usage over a minimum.

Well, data caps is similar to this. People generally don't like to get
billed automatically upon higher usage, thus data caps can be used and
people will have to go to some self-service page and "pay more" if they're
over the cap, to get a higher cap.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se