[Starlink] Starlink "beam spread"

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue Aug 30 19:07:36 EDT 2022

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022, Brandon Butterworth wrote:

>> best DSL at my location is 8/1 @$150/month for
>> a dual-dedicated line)
>
> I (not BBC) sell 1G symmetical AE FTTP for GBP35 in rural Scotland.

but that's not available where I am (my city did just sign a deal to get fiber
layed throughout the city over the next few years, so this will change)

people need to stop thinking that because fiber is available where you live,
everyone has access to it. I'm in one of the largest population centers in the
US, not out in the boonies, and what I have is limited.

David Lang