[Starlink] [Rpm] Fwd: [Make-wifi-fast] make-wifi-fast

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Dec 21 02:54:22 EST 2022

Hi,

See [SM] below.

On 21 December 2022 08:37:27 CET, "David Fernández via Starlink" <starlink at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>What about this?
>https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-certified-wmm-programs
>
>Isn't this Wi-Fi MM (Multimedia) supposed to solve Wi-Fi QoS issues?

        [SM] In home network reality it failed to do so. I would guess partly because the admission control component is optional and as far as I can tell not available in the usual WiFi routers and APs. A free for all priority system that in addition diminishes the total achievable throughput when the higher priority tiers are used introduces at least as much QoS issues a it solves IMHO. This might be different for 'enterprise WiFi gear' but I have no experience with that...

Regard
      Sebastian

P.S.: This feels like you might responded to a different thread then the iperf2 one we are in right now?