[Starlink] Starlink for Tonga?

Daniel AJ Sokolov daniel at sokolov.eu.org
Tue Feb 8 04:05:32 EST 2022

On 2022-02-08 at 01:58, Mike Puchol wrote:
> In the Equator, the GSO protection band starts due East, and goes all
> the way across the sky due West. It also takes out 37° of visible sky
> at zenith.

Thank you.

If it goes all the way from East to West, how can one run any Starlink
there?

Does the protection area go from East to West via North, but Starlink
could use East to West via South? Or the other way round?

Or is the protection band only at certain angles off the ground?

I think I get the 37° at Zenit - Zenit +18 and -18.

Thank you!
Daniel