[Starlink] Starlink for Tonga?

Mike Puchol mike at starlink.sx
Tue Feb 8 04:10:43 EST 2022

If you take zenith at the example, start looking due South. Raise your sights up until you hit 25° elevation - you can start transmitting then. Keep going up in elevation, once you reach 72°, you need to stop transmitting. Keep going up until you reach 90° (zenith), then keep going due North, now dropping elevation. When you get to 72° towards North, you can start transmitting again, until you drop to 25°.

If you click on a satellite on my tracker you will see the region blocked by GSO, based on the satellite’s latitude (beware of weird date line effects, try it over Africa).

Best,

Mike