[Starlink] Starlink no longer available to the Ukrainian army?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 16 02:42:05 EDT 2022

I wonder whether some form of communication would not be better handled by a dedicated PR department:
https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tkg_2021/__145.html

Stopping supplying Ukraine with starlink is off the table again and starlink apparently will keep footing the bill.

Again I wonder whether a well crafted press release about the monitary equivalent of what starlink already did and predicts to do in the future together with a veiled question of how wise it seems putting the supply of such important infrastructure for ukraine solely in the hands of corporate generosity might have raised the apparently desired awareness without all that much bruhaha?

Long story short: Starlink/Musk keep supplying Ukraine with important internet access. Which IMHO is a good thing, even though I agree with the sentiment that supplying this infrastructure should not rely on generosity of non-state actors.

Regards
        Sebadtian

On 15 October 2022 18:51:07 CEST, Larry Press via Starlink <starlink at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>> (there is a graph posted, but I haven't tried to get a good
>> enough copy of it to see the units).
>
>Is this what you are referring to?
>
>https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1580572380535001088
>Elon Musk on Twitter: "Starlink data usage growth in Ukraine"<https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1580572380535001088>
>Starlink data usage growth in Ukraine . 13 Oct 2022 14:53:15
>twitter.com

>>> costs (and I don't think the cyberdefense and jamming defense work should
>>> be