[Starlink] Starlink no longer available to the Ukrainian army?

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Sun Oct 16 04:45:21 EDT 2022

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 7:42 AM Sebastian Moeller via Starlink <
starlink at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> I wonder whether some form of communication would not be better handled by
> a dedicated PR department:

Unfortunately the biggest PR problem SpaceX/Starlink has is not one that
can be mediated by a PR department. Elon says stupid things. There is the
far-right conspiracy theorism, his belief that population collapse will end
society if we don't start having more babies, and his recent statement on
how he believes the war in Ukraine should be ended. A lot of this seems
totally nuts to me and is not going to endear him to people. The impacts
upon SpaceX and Tesla have been palpable.

I spent some time with Steve Jobs in 12 years at Pixar. There were horror
stories about him, but he'd matured. He wasn't perfect, but a lot better.
The problem is that he was probably as old then as Elon is now.

    Thanks

    Bruce