[Thumbgps-devel] Build vs. modify vs. what should we be doing anyway?

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:39:50 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 19:29, Ron Frazier (NTP)
<timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com> wrote:
> Regarding the sky view.  Maybe you can route the RF from an external
> antenna, or even an amplified antenna, after disconnecting the patch
> antenna.

Commercial re-radiators exist and work great for this, if you control
the building or can somehow get a cable through the wall... :)

You're right about the sirf3 freaking out. Somewhere I have logs of me
going for a walk in an urban canyon with a few different receivers.
The sirf3 did attempt to work with much weaker signals than the sirf2,
at the cost of solution stability. I know I walk fast, but I didn't
think I could walk at the speed of sound.