[Thumbgps-devel] Build vs. modify vs. what should we be doing anyway?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:16:57 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Chris Kuethe <chris.kuethe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:04, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Ron Frazier (NTP)

>> hmm.. Anyone know anything about this puppy?
>>
>> http://www.u-blox.com/en/gps-chips/timing-a-raw-data-chip/ubx-g6010-st-tm.html
>
> Well, if it's anything like other ublox receivers it'll be pretty good
> for timing.
>
> I'm glad we still have docs for earlier devices: "The UBX-G6010-ST
> Data Sheet, Hardware Integration Manual, and Receiver Description
> Including Protocol Specification require an NDA and can be obtained by
> contacting u-blox"

I've read up a lot of this chips features, it has 12Mbit usb onboard,
also spi, this was some info on the timing stuff....

https://www.u-blox.com/images/downloads/Product_Docs/Timing_AppNote_%28GPS.G6-X-11007%29.pdf

wish I knew how much it was...

not clear to me just how much usb there is to the usb - is additional
glue/firmware/cpu neeeded?

I like the idea of onboard flash, which is why I went looking for the
atmel. Although sparkfun lists it as obsolete, I don't see an obvious
replacement from atmel....

And a supercap to stay alive as long as possible.

I think I've done enough damage to the potential pricepoint for one day...

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net