[Thumbgps-devel] Build vs. modify vs. what should we be doing anyway?

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:31:31 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:16, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> wish I knew how much it was...

Look at the cost of the timing eval kit. In large quantities you could
probably get oem modules for about 1/10th of that.

> not clear to me just how much usb there is to the usb - is additional
> glue/firmware/cpu neeeded?

My AEK-4T has a usb port on board. Done.

The hardware integration manual for the ublox5 says you need a few
resistors, a couple of decoupling caps, a couple of protection diodes
and a 3.3v power supply.

Both of them probably have all the code in the firmware already. Never
noticed any ill effect on timing quality even with verbose usb output.