[Thumbgps-devel] Build vs. modify vs. what should we be doing anyway?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 00:49:28 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Chris Kuethe <chris.kuethe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:16, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> wish I knew how much it was...
>
> Look at the cost of the timing eval kit. In large quantities you could
> probably get oem modules for about 1/10th of that.
>
>> not clear to me just how much usb there is to the usb - is additional
>> glue/firmware/cpu neeeded?
>
> My AEK-4T has a usb port on board. Done.
>
> The hardware integration manual for the ublox5 says you need a few
> resistors, a couple of decoupling caps, a couple of protection diodes
> and a 3.3v power supply.
>
> Both of them probably have all the code in the firmware already. Never
> noticed any ill effect on timing quality even with verbose usb output.

http://www.u-blox.com/images/downloads/Product_Docs/LEA-6_NEO-6_MAX-6_HardwareIntegrationManual_%28GPS.G6-HW-09007%29.pdf

was nice. The speedo, temp sensor and spi support just cries out for the
weather station app I mentioned earlier.

but back to time...

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net