latest dev build of cerowrt is looking great

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:03:59 EDT 2011

It's looking like bugs 195 and 216 have been thoroughly stomped.

A HUGE tip O the hat to Felix for nailing 195 and to both Felix and Andrew
for 216. 216 makes for epic reading...

http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/216

After running overnight in the new lab at isc, fixes for those two bugs
appear to be stable, and performance is indeed improved. I'd love for some
more folk to give the dev version a shot:

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~andrewm/cerowrt/

I'll be building up the lab over the coming week which will ease the testing
burden. The first router is up and can be seen at:

http://jupiter.lab.bufferbloat.net/cerowrt/

In this build  are:

Fixes to bugs 195 and 216.

New versions of babel, ahcp have landed (thx, gabriel, juliusz, all),
there's a few cool new packages - like inetdxtra (which has jabber support
and a tiny dhcp server)  and dnssec-tools (thank you swalker!), and there's
a start at web10g integration that I was too scared to put in tcp's hot path
on this build, but the client side tool is in there (thx, jacobo, swalker!).

And I have a HUGE backlog of other bits to pull together, need to
re-integrate the rebased source trees... push more stuff out to openwrt, AND
a get this lab setup at isc.org, so I don't know yet when we can commit to
doing another RC or getting the sources and git trees fully out.

d-itg 2.8 is being pushed into openwrt head, waiting on that.. (so I built
2.7.2, sorry walter)

I have a dozen patches that need to be reviewed and the worthwhile ones
pushed to openwrt head at:

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/patches/

and another dozen tiny ones on the way, mostly involving xinetd support and
traffic classification.

Lastly:

If any members of the bloat list are in the bay area, and want to meet while
I'm here, please let me know offlist....

Blatant plug: Some old friends of mine are playing at a gig tonight at the
coffee society in campbell...

http://www.coffeesociety.com/stores.html

http://www.rebeccaparksmusic.com/events.php

SKYPE: davetaht