Fwd: No rc-1 this weekend

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:35:43 EDT 2011

It is to my deep regret that I do not feel this release is baked enough to
call a release candidate.

I need to get back home, to my own lab, to take a look at it. The principal
problem I'm having is that the
GigE wan port appears to be malfunctioning in multiple ways, at GigE
speeds.

I have been able, under heavy load, to crash the wan port, at gigE speeds,
with a variety of tests.

However, today's build IS pretty good otherwise, and YOUR APPS BUILT, and
WORK!

IF, and only IF, your cable modem or dsl connection port is 100Mbit, rather
than GigE, would I recomend you try this build
as your main home router.

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cerowrt/cerowrt-wndr3700/

However, *please* feel free to hack on it inside of your own lan. There's
lots of cool stuff on it,
as noted elsewhere.

More news as it happens. Good night, and good luck.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://the-edge.blogspot.com

SKYPE: davetaht