[Bloat] Taxonomy of various sender-side TCPs

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:25:05 EST 2011

On 11 Mar, 2011, at 9:10 pm, Dave Hart wrote:

> The reachability problem for the DNS servers may be related to today's quake.

I suppose that might be true.  I intuitively expect traffic to take the shortest geographic path, but there's a lot of Siberia in that direction from here, so the network might be sparse enough to be considered the "long" way around.

A traceroute to the IP I eventually obtained stops in "pacnet-*-sjo-*.telia.net" (San Jose?).  It does seem likely that this would connect to Japan rather than directly to China.

In any case, I'm reading the copy from the mirror.

 - Jonathan