[Bloat] First-time install on brand new WNDR3700v2 not working

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 2 18:14:26 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Maxim Kharlamov wrote:

> 2. flashed OpenWRT using netgear web gui (it shows a warning but allows to continue)

This is interesting:

    http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wndr3700

"OEM installation using the TFTP method

"However, note that the router will not accept the firmware when the
filename is too long! Using firmware.img as filename should work."

I wonder if this is the problem.  I'll try this first, then try the
OpenWRT-as-intermediate-step method if this doesn't work.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us