[Bloat] AQM creeping into L2 equipment

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:29:29 EDT 2014

I find it puzzling that you still lose the measurement flows early on. Setting
some QoS on via WTD might be interesting.

sub 2ms performance under this load is quite good.

If you have a later OS than 3.13 on the sources/sinks you might want
to try sch_fq (and sch_pfifo_fast for reference) - the improvements to
Linux's TCP are such that on a short path like this that the control
loop stays very tight - only two TSO offloads per flow, really
accurate use of tcp timestamps, etc.

See also if you have hardware flow control enabled (via ethtool)