[Bloat] delay-under-load really helps diagnose real world problems

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Fri Apr 24 22:56:43 EDT 2015

I ran some tests from my cellphone - a Samsung Note 3. I had to select
'request desktop site' as an option in the chrome browser, and not
choose '4G' as my connection type (I chose DSL), to get the latency
measurement to show up. The results are great though.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/355893

Download bloat (buffer in the cell site) is bad, but not absolutely
horrible, at about 1.1 seconds. Upload direction is terrible - 5.8
seconds by the end of the test, and would probably have been higher
given a longer test. I'm assuming that this buffer is in the modem in
the handset, and is likely an almost infinite buffer.

Simon