[Bloat] Bloat done correctly?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Jun 12 05:08:32 EDT 2015

Hi Benjamin,

To go off onto a tangent:

On Jun 12, 2015, at 06:45 , Benjamin Cronce <bcronce at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Under load while doing P2P(About 80Mb down and 20Mb up just as I started the test)
> HFSC: P2P in 20% queue and 80/443/8080 in 40% queue with ACKs going to a 20% realtime queue
> http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/622452

	I know this is not really your question, but I think the ACKs should go into the same queue as the matching data packets. Think about it that way, if the data is delayed due to congestion it does not make too much sense to tell the sender to send more faster (which essentially is what ACK prioritization does) as that will not really reduce the congestion but rather increase it.
	There is one caveat though: when ECN is used it might make sense to send out the ACK that will signal the congestion state back to the sender faster… So if you prioritize ACKs only select those with an ECN-Echo flag ;)
	@bloat : What do you all think about this refined ACK prioritization scheme?

Best Regards
	Sebastian